Follow NSLI-Y on our social media channels.
- NSLI-Y on Facebook – “Like” the NSLI-Y Facebook page to get application updates and stay informed about the latest news and research related to language learning and study abroad.
- NSLI-Y on X– Follow @NSLI-Y to get updates on the application and connect with others interested in NSLI-Y and language learning. Use #NSLIY in your posts!
- Ask NSLI-Y Alumni on Facebook – Join the Ask NSLI-Y Alumni Facebook group to connect with fellow applicants and NSLI-Y alumni, chat with the NSLI-Y community about language learning and study abroad, and prepare for the exciting exchange experiences ahead of you.
- NSLI-Y on Instagram – Follow @nsliy to view inspiring photos that showcase the NSLI-Y program and alumni experiences. Use #NSLIY in your relevant posts.
Less Commonly Taught Language Study Programs and Resources
- The Language Flagship: The Language Flagship is a national initiative to change the way Americans learn languages through a groundbreaking approach to language education for students from kindergarten through college.
- STARTALK: STARTALK offers students (K–16) and teachers of eight critical need languages creative and engaging summer experiences that strive to exemplify best practices in language education and in language teacher development.
- Boren Awards for International Study: Boren Scholars (undergraduate students) and Fellows (graduate students) study abroad or conduct research in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad.
- Critical Language Scholarship (CLS): The CLS program is a summer study abroad opportunity for American college and university students to learn languages essential to America’s engagement with the world.
- The U.S. Department of State offers resources for U.S. citizens and their families considering study abroad as well as resources about hosting an international student.
- The U.S. Department of State provides information for international travelers, and information about programs for U.S. citizens to go abroad for cultural, educational, or professional exchange
- The World Factbook provides country-specific information for NSLI-Y host locations and beyond
Career and Volunteer Opportunities